How Long Does It Take to Lose Belly Fat?

Having fat in your body is healthy but having an excess of it will not make you look great. 90 % of body fat is normally found below the skin and it is usually known as subcutaneous fat. The other 10 % of fat is known as visceral fat. and it is found in spaces surrounding organs and underneath the abdominal wall. Visceral fat can cause serious problems such as heart disease, cancer, and type 2 diabetes. There is no easy or quick method to lose belly fat, but it is still doable.

Many people normally think that supplements and a crash diet will work when it comes to losing belly fat, but they are wrong. Trying to target only belly fat will also not solve the problem. What you need to do is to aim at losing the overall body fat. This is only possible through diet and exercise. So, the big question remains, how long does it take to lose belly fat?

How Long Does It Take to Lose Belly Fat?

For you to lose one pound, you need to burn at least 3500 calories per week. That means you will have to remove 500 calories from your daily diet. If you stick to that pace, you will lose 4 pounds in one month. Physical activities will also help you lose more calories and build muscle mass. Muscle mass will make you look and feel leaner, and it is also heavier than fat.

Not everyone is the same and losing belly fat may vary from one person to another. It all depends on how much psychical exercise you perform per day. If you have a lot of belly fat, the more physical exercise you need to do. Males tend to burn more calories than females because they have more muscles.

How Do You Measure Lost Belly Fat?

You will need to weigh yourself every week at the same time as the overall weight loss that week. Make sure to eat a substantial number of proteins and exercise regularly because this will help you build muscles. Always remember that the scale will not give you the whole story. If you have a tape measure, you can use it to measure the amount of belly fat you have lost. Ensure that you measure the same place when standing straight and without sucking your belly in.

How Long Does It Take to Lose Belly Fat

How Long Does It Take to Lose Belly Fat

What Should You Do?

If you want to cut calories and reduce belly fat, you need to switch to drinks such as coffee, water and avoid soda. Make sure to reduce your alcohol intake and avoid high-calorie foods. Cutting down on the portions you take will also help you. Eat slowly and once you are done eating; you need to wait for at least 20 minutes to ensure that you are full.


You should never focus on targeting only belly fat. You need to change your lifestyle and stick to it. It is not an easy thing to do but make sure that you concentrate on losing overall body fat. The process may be slow, but it will eventually work.

I'm not pretty and a little fat. But I will try my best to change it. I believe that there are no ugly women, only lazy women.

We will be happy to hear your thoughts

Leave a reply